Examity for Students
Examity is The University of Arizona's online authentication and proctoring service. Instructors may choose to use Examity with any test or exam with any UA course to provide a level of security for test taking. Examity uses web based services to create student profiles, allow students to schedule their test time, and on the day of the test, to connect test takers with proctors.
Examity is integrated with your Learning Management System (LMS), D2L, Blackboard, and Canvas. You can easily access Examity through your course site and your instructor will prompt you how to do so. There are LMS specific documents at the bottom of this page with instructions for your system.
At least 24 hours before a test, do these things
1. Sign up for an Examity Account
Before you can begin a proctored assessment, you must sign up for an Examity account. To do so, go to your D2L, Blackboard, or Canvas course site and click the Examity link in your course content. This link will take you to the Examity dashboard.
From the Examity dashboard, setup a profile. You will need to
- answer three security questions
- enter a keystroke biometric signature
- select your time zone
- and confirm your name, email address, and phone number
- If you do not have a CatCard photo on file with the UA, upload an image of your Government ID (State Driver's License or Identification Card). You will need to bring this same ID with you each time you take a test with Examity.
2. Schedule your proctoring appointment with Examity
After you create an Examity profile, you will have the option to schedule an proctoring time. Return to your Examity dashboard and select the "Make Appointment" link.
3. Check Your System
Examity will use the following system requirements for a proctoring session. Be sure to confirm your equipment matches the following standards:
- Desktop computer or laptop (not tablet, smartphone, iPad or Chromebook)
- Webcam and microphone (built-in or external)
- Connection to network with internet speed of at least 3 Mbps
- Operating system of Windows XP – Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.8 – 10.11
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled – Google Chrome v39 or later, Mozilla Firefox v34 or later, Internet Explorer v8 or later, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari v6 or later
Good luck with your test!
Student Quick Guide for D2L Courses
Student Quick Guide for D2L Course - Eller
Student Quick Guide for Blackboard Courses - No Teamwork
Student Quick Guide for Blackboard Courses - Teamwork
Student Quick Guide for Canvas Courses
Students with disabilities can access Examity and will be expected to use Examity if it is chosen for course related assessments. If you have questions about accessibility or the exam or Examity process,
please contact the DRC at 520-621-5760 or email@example.com
Need a computer to take your exam? Check out the UA Library's Tech Loan Program. Laptops can be checked out on a first-come, first-service basis for up to 5 days.
During a proctoring session, students are able to talk directly with a proctor or submit questions through the service's chat feature. Outside of proctoring session, students may contact
Examity support 24/7
phone at (855)-392-6489